Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Olivia: "What's it like to be a boy?"

August has been chock full of very deep thoughts.

Deep thought 1: "If God were bad, they'd lock him up."
Deep thought 2: "Only naughty people like mosquitos."

But today, the mindbuster happened. It was my favorite yet.

"Mommy, what's it like to be a boy?"
"Well . . . let's see. You would have a penis, so you'd have something hanging in the front. Also, if you were grown up, you would not have boobies."
"No, I mean, what's it like to be a boy inside your head?"

Now if there were ever a question I didn't have an answer for, that was it.

"Hm. I don't know because I've never been a boy. Also, I would imagine that different boys think different things. Probably the best thing you can do is ask daddy, because he is a boy."

(thinking)

"Angry?"

"What? Is it angry inside boys' heads?"

"Yeah."

"I don't think so. I don't know."

(more thinking. brief, flailing foray into some people have girl minds and boy bodies. and vice versa. who knows where my info squirrel is storing that right now. it is sure to haunt me later.)

"I want to be a boy."

"Hm. Why?"

(for some reason I can't remember her answer, but I will sure follow up, gently.)

FASCINATING!

No comments: